15 FAQ About The UEFA Euro 2020 Championship You Need To Know!
Like many events, the UEFA Euro tournament was postponed last year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the tournament, which is considered the world’s second-greatest international competition, just after the World Cup started off all across Europe starting June 11, Friday.
If you have any questions to ask, here we have answered the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the biggest football tournament.
1. UEFA Euro Cup is related to which sports?
The UEFA European Football Championship, also known as the UEFA European Championship and informally as the Euros, is a football competition. The competition has been held every four years since 1960, except for 2020, when it was postponed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in Europe.
2. Where is the final of the UEFA Euro being played?
Euro 2021 will take place in 11 cities: London; Rome; Munich; Baku, Azerbaijan; St. Petersburg; Budapest; Seville, Spain; Bucharest; Amsterdam; Glasgow; and Copenhagen.
3. When is the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying draw?
The UEFA EURO 2021 qualifying draw has been made, with all 55 UEFA national associations involved.
4. What is the UEFA Euro Cup 2020 Football Format?
Six groups of four teams will play against one another in the opening round, with the first and second place teams in each group then advancing to the 16-team knockout round. Round of 16 onwards, the losing team will be knocked out. Three points are awarded for a win, one for a draw and none for a loss, with tiebreakers involving goals scored and goal differential invoked if necessary.
5. Where is the UEFA Euro Cup final?
The semifinals and the final will be staged at the Wembley Stadium in London. The final will be held on July 11 after the semifinals, which are scheduled on July 6 and 7.
6. What teams are in the UEFA Euro Cup?
The following UEFA Euro Cup teams are bifurcated in groups A-F as below:
Group A: Italy, Turkey, Wales, Switzerland.
Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia.
Group C: Netherlands, Ukraine, Austria, North Macedonia.
Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic.
Group E: Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia.
Group F: Hungary, Portugal, France, Germany.
7. Why is it still called the UEFA Euro 2020?
UEFA, European soccer’s governing body, made a decision to keep the Euro 2020 name even though the tournament is taking place in 2021. “This decision allows UEFA to keep the original vision of the tournament, which was set to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the European Football Championship (1960-2020),” the group announced.
8. What is the difference between Euro Cup and UEFA Nations League?
There’s a difference between the Euro Cup and UEFA Nations League, although they are linked. The UEFA Nations League provides another chance to teams to qualify for the Euro Cup. In a way, the UEFA Nations League is an indirect way for a team to qualify for the Euro Cup. While 55 teams compete in the UEFA Nations League, only 24 teams are competing in the Euro Cup.
9. What is the difference between Soccer and Football?
Soccer and American football are different games. Soccer is played with a round ball that can be kicked and headed. American football is a rugby type game in which the oblong-shaped ball is thrown and passed as well as kicked.
10. When is the first match of the UEFA Euro 2020?
The first match of the 2020 UEFA European Championship was held on 11 June 2021 between Turkey and Italy at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome.
11. Which team would win the UEFA Euro Cup 2020?
The top teams in the race to claim the UEFA Euro 2020 trophy are France, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, and England.
12. Which cities are hosting Euro 2020?
The cities hosting the UEFA Euro Cup are:
● Stadio Olimpico, Rome (Italy)
● Olympic Stadium, Baku (Azerbaijan)
● St Petersburg Stadium, Saint Petersburg (Russia)
● Parken Stadium, Copenhagen (Denmark)
● Johan Cruijff Arena, Amsterdam (Netherlands)
● National Arena, Bucharest (Romania)
● Puskas Arena, Budapest (Hungary)
● Wembley Stadium, London (England)
● Hampden Park, Glasgow (Scotland)
● Estadio La Cartuja, Seville (Spain)
● Allianz Arena, Munich (Germany)
The Last 16
● Amsterdam: Johan Cruyff Arena
● Bucharest: National Arena
● Budapest: Ferenc Puskás Stadium
● Copenhagen: Parken Stadium
● Glasgow: Hampden Park
● London: Wembley Stadium
● Seville: La Cartuja
● Baku: Olympic Stadium
● Munich: Allianz Arena
● Rome: Stadio Olimpico
● Saint Petersburg: Saint Petersburg Stadium
Semi-finals and final will be hosted in London’s Wembley Stadium.
13. Where can you watch the UEFA Euro Cup in India?
Football fans can watch the UEFA Euro Cup LIVE in India on SONY TEN 2, SONY TEN 3, SONY SIX, and SONY TEN 4 channels. Fans can also livestream the European Championships on Sony LIV.
14. Can fans buy tickets to the UEFA Euro Cup? Will they be allowed?
There are no tickets on sale for Euro 2020 as the ticket portal has now closed. However, fans can keep checking the official Euro 2020 tickets website if tickets become available in the future.
15. Will there be VAR (Video Assistant Referees) in the UEFA Euro Cup 2020?
Yes, VAR (Video Assistant Referees) will be used at Euro 2020 for the first time in tournament history.
Watch Live Match Of UEFA Euro 2020 Championship And Enjoy Betting Online With Fun88 India
Ready to watch and bet on the UEFA Euro 2020 Championship with the best betting site, Fun88 India? Get started today to place your bet on one of the biggest football tournaments, know more about our bonuses, and exciting betting opportunities.
Register on Fun88 India today!