5 things to know about online IPL betting in India this year
As the 14th season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) got suspended on May 4 amid rising COVID-19 cases in India, cricket lovers and bettors felt disheartened. After all, they wait for cricket’s biggest bash all through the year.
But, recently, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) confirmed that the remaining 31 matches of IPL 2021 will be played in the UAE in September-October. Now, the bettors have a reason to rejoice because their favourite league is all set to begin later this year.
Whether you’re a seasoned bettor or a newbie, we think that you must keep in mind a few things when it comes to online IPL satta this year:
Important tips to consider while betting on IPL matches online:
- IPL betting online is not illegal in India. Anyone getting into online IPL betting would want to know whether it is legal or not in India. The truth is there’s no law that makes online betting illegal in India, and by that logic, you can place your bets online on IPL matches as well. However, there’s a catch here. It’s not legal in India to run a gambling house, and that’s the reason you won’t find Indian betting sites to bet on IPL either. That said, there are many secure offshore online sites based out of foreign countries, which offer Indians an opportunity to bet on IPL matches.
- Lots of betting options out there. There’s going to be a plethora of online cricket betting options during IPL this year. You’ll be able to bet on coin toss winner, match winner, man of the match, which batsman will score how many runs, which bowler will take maximum wickets, whether a match will end in a draw, and so on and so forth. The list is endless! Just explore FUN88’s interactive website, and you will be able to learn for yourself about the variety of online betting options out there. Moreover, we also allow you to place pre-match bets (betting before a match starts) and in-play bets (betting when a match is in progress) for IPL.
- Plenty of betting sites to choose from. Just as there are a lot of outcomes to bet on, there’s plenty of online betting sites to choose from as well this IPL 2021. But, you need to do a thorough analysis to decide which site to go to for placing a bet. While doing the analysis, do check whether the betting site accepts Indian Rupees or not, what sort of IPL betting odds and tips it offers, and any welcome bonus being offered. Apart from that, we also recommend bettors to consider factors like site navigation and ease-of-use while making this decision.
- Secure payment methods available. A lot of people who are keen on online cricket betting are worried about the payment methods. After all, one can’t build trust in this business without secure payment options. Although there are several platforms for online IPL betting, we’d always recommend you to go for those platforms that offer the most secure modes of payment. At FUN88, you can make payments using secure methods like Netbanking, UPI, VISA, G-Pay, Mastercard, Astropay, and Sticpay.
- Most popular IPL betting markets. The favourite betting markets for IPL 2021 are Man of the Match, Man of the Series, Orange Cap winner (top run-scorer of the tournament), and Purple Cap winner (top wicket-taker of the season). A significant number of bettors will place their bets on these markets during IPL 2021.
While you’re getting ready to place your bets on IPL matches, we’d also encourage you to research the past performance of the players and teams and also find a safe site like FUN88 to place your bets on.