An Analysis of Australia vs New Zealand T20 World Cup Match
Australia will face New Zealand during the 13th match of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Tournament. This one is the first match of the Super 12 stage. The match between Australia and New Zealand will start at 12:30 PM (IST) on October 22nd, 2022 at SCG stadium. Both teams have a high potential to win the match. So, keep your eye on to witness some real performances by the top players. Read on to get a detailed analysis of Australia vs New Zealand match.
Squad to Look for in Australia vs New Zealand Match
Australia Squad for T20 World Cup 2022: Aaron Finch (c), Pat Cummins, David Warner, Mitchell Starc, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Tim David, Josh Hazlewood, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Marsh, Ashton Agar, Marcus Stoinis, Steven Smith, Josh Inglis, Adam Zampa.
New Zealand Squad for T20 World Cup 2022: Kane Williamson (c), Tim Southee, Devon Conway, Trent Boult, Daryl Mitchell, Adam Milne, Martin Guptill, Lachlan Ferguson, Glenn Phillips, Ish Sodhi, Michael Bracewell, Jimmy Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Mark Chapman, Finn Allen.
Key Points: Australia and New Zealand T20 Match
- In the last few matches played by these two teams, Australia won only 4 matches whereas New Zealand won 12 matches.
- In the year of 2005, New Zealand faced Australia for the first time, but the NZ team took almost 11 years to win against the Australia team.
- Australia is the defending champion which can be problematic for the team.
Australian players to watch out for in T20 World Cup 2022
- Aaron Finch – This right-handed batsman is the key pillar of the Australian team. His supercool performance and leadership skills can bring experience to the team.
- Glenn Maxwell – This right-handed batsman and right-arm off-spin bowler creates amazing remarks in every match. Though he didn’t do well in the England series and in the warm-up match against India. However, he is expecting to do well in this upcoming match.
- Mitchell Starc & Pat Cummins – Both players are outstanding when it comes to bowling capabilities. And they are expecting to set some benchmarks in this T20 WC.
New Zealand players to watch out for in T20 World Cup 2022
- Martin Guptil – With his astounding experience, Guptil can bring more value and experience to the team.
- Glenn Philips – Glenn has been the leading run scorer for New Zealand. If he continues to maintain the same run rate, then it will be an advantage for the NZ team.
- Kane Williamson – This right-handed batsman always makes us feel special with his excellent steady knocks and steadier strokes. He is definitely a good player on the team.
Live Streaming of West Indies vs Zimbabwe Match T20 World Cup
|India||Star Network||Disney+ Hotstar|
|Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives||Star Network|
|Pakistan||PTV & ARY Digital Networks||TBC|
|Canada||Times Internet (Willow)||Hotstar|
|USA||Times Internet (Willow)||ESPN+|
|USA, Central & South America and Mexico||ESPN+|
|United Kingdom||Sky Sports||Sky Sports|
|Sub Saharan Africa||SuperSport||SuperSport|
|Hong Kong||Now TV||Now TV, Yupp TV|
|New Zealand||Sky Sport||Sky Sport|
|PNG, Fiji & Pacific Islands||PNG Digicel||PNG Digicel|
|Rest of the World(South America/Continental Europe, SE Asia & Central )||Yupp TV|
|Continental Europeand SEA||NA||YuppTV|
Quick Pitch report for Australia vs New Zealand World Cup T20 2022
The pitch at the SCG is good for batting. Well, rain might create some problems as, during this time, rain is common in this place. The highest T20 score registered on this ground is 221.
Let’s expect some fours, sixes, and clean cover drives on the match day.
Fun88 Prediction: Who Will Win the match?
As it is the first match of Super 12 so both the teams are in form to win the match. But as per the Fun88 prediction, Australia has a better chance of winning because of the great players in the team and home advantage.
Stay tuned on Fun88 to know all the latest updates on T20 World Cup 2022.