An Analysis of England vs Afghanistan T20 World Cup Match
During the 14th match of the tournament, England will face Afghanistan. This is the second match in the Super 12 stage. Both teams have their eyes on achieving victory while creating their remarkable presence in the eighth edition of the T20 World Cup. Continue reading for a detailed analysis of England vs Afghanistan match.
On October 22nd, 2022, the match between England and Afghanistan will start at 4:30 p.m. (IST). Fans and cricket enthusiasts should brace themselves for some spectacular performances as England is expected to do something exceptional with their all-rounders.
Squad to Look for in England vs Afghanistan T20 World Cup Match
England Squad for T20 World Cup 2022: Jos Buttler (c), Moeen Ali, Harry Brook, Adil Rashid, Phil Salt, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Reece Topley, David Willey, Mark Wood, Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes, Alex Hales.
Afghanistan Squad for T20 World Cup 2022: Mohammad Nabi (c), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Fazal Haq Farooqi, Hazratullah Zazai, Ibrahim Zadran, Darwish Rasooli, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Fareed Ahmad Malik, Naveen ul Haq, Qais Ahmad, Najibullah Zadran, Rashid Khan, Salim Safi, Azmatullah Omarzai, Usman Ghani.
Key Points to Note for The England and Afghanistan T20 Match
In recent matches, England won both the Pakistan & Australia series while Afghanistan lost the Ireland series. So, this match is going to be an interesting one as per the analysis.
England Players to Keep an Eye on in the T20 World Cup in 2022
- Jos Butler – He is a master of the T20 game, and apart from hitting huge sixes, he takes quick singles and rotates strikes. This man is destined for a record-breaking performance.
- Ben Stokes – An all-rounder for the England team. His performance during a warm-up game against Pakistan led to a win and changed the course of the game.
- Liam Livingstone – He is critical to England’s fast scoring rate. He can start hitting from the first ball, which is his role on the team.
Afghanistan Players to Keep an Eye on in the T20 World Cup in 2022
- Rashid Khan – This bowler cum hitter has been impressive in the IPL each year. He is an important speed-breaker for the other team’s run rate. He helped the Gujarat Titans win the latest tournament.
- Ibrahim Zadran – The man has become a regular player in the squad thanks to his superb performances. He scored 46 runs during a warm-up match to help the team win.
Live Streaming of UAE vs Netherlands T20 World Cup Match
|India||Star Network||Disney+ Hotstar|
|Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives||Star Network|
|Pakistan||PTV & ARY Digital Networks||TBC|
|Canada||Times Internet (Willow)||Hotstar|
|USA||Times Internet (Willow)||ESPN+|
|USA, Central & South America and Mexico||ESPN+|
|United Kingdom||Sky Sports||Sky Sports|
|Sub Saharan Africa||SuperSport||SuperSport|
|Hong Kong||Now TV||Now TV, Yupp TV|
|New Zealand||Sky Sport||Sky Sport|
|PNG, Fiji & Pacific Islands||PNG Digicel||PNG Digicel|
|Rest of the World (SE Asia & Central /South America, Continental Europe)||Yupp TV|
|Continental Europe and SEA||NA||YuppTV|
England vs. Afghanistan World Cup T20 2022 Pitch Report
The bowlers will enjoy the pace and bounce on this wicket as well as the flatness of the surface, which offers batsmen the chance to go for big shots. The straight boundaries are smaller; therefore, a greater number of short balls can be bowled. Additionally, Optus Stadium has a faster outfield. It will be fully packed as the restrictions in the zone are lifted.
Fun88 Prediction: Who Will Win The Match?
England and Afghanistan look to register their first win, to take charge of the points table. England has a long history of winning games and has numerous key players who can alter the course of the game at any moment. Based on Fun88’s match analysis of England vs Afghanistan, England has a better chance of winning this match.
Stay tuned to Fun88 to get all the information on the T20 World Cup 2022.