Exclusive! French Open Predictions, Betting Odds, and Betting Tips
There’s a lot of excitement in the air as the In the men’s draw, will Rafael Nadal win the French Open this year for the mind-boggling 14th time, having recently defeated Novak Djokovic at Rome?
A few years ago, the very idea of a player winning a grand slam 14 times was considered unbelievable. But, here we are in 2021, when a lot of incredible stuff is happening in tennis. Or, maybe, Djokovic can beat Nadal despite losing to him in the Rome final.
Could it be that Dominic Thiem finally gets lucky this year after having reached the final of the French Open back-to-back in 2018 and 2019? Remember, it’s not just about betting on the tournament winner, as you can always bet on the winner of a particular match.
So, Thiem may or may not win the French Open, but he’s likely to go deep in the tournament because he’s a gifted player on clay. Talking of gifted players, let’s not count out Stefanos Tsitsipas, who reached the semi-final at French Open in 2020.
In the female’s draw, the thrill for bettors could be a lot more because, unlike Rafa, no female player has dominated the French Open for a long time. Out here, a bettor may pick an unlikely winner, thereby making a lot of money.
Will the 19-year old defending champion from Poland, Iga Świątek, win the cup again this year? Does Serena Williams still have it in her at the age of 39 to win the French Open 4th time?
There are other talented female players, too. For example, Simona Halep, the 2018 French Open winner and Ashleigh Barty, the 2019 French Open winner. Apart from it, there’ll be a lot of action for bettors as men’s doubles, women’s doubles, and mixed doubles also begin.
So, let the action begin. We, at FUN88, provide you with tips, analysis, reports, and prizes to make betting on the French Open 2021 exciting for you.
Here the predictions for French Open 2021 tennis tournament:
This is the second Grand Slam event of 2021 and the 125th edition of the French Open. In our French Open 2021 preview you learn all about the Roland Garros 2021 odds plus French Open betting tips and predictions. So, let us begin with a look at the French Open 2021 favourites.
- Earlier in the year, many experts were saying that Djokovic would win the French Open, but the events of the last few days have made them think otherwise. Nadal defeated Djokovic by 7-5, 1-6, 6-3 to lift the Italian Open just a few days ago. Since then, Nadal is everyone’s pick to win the French Open 2021, with Djokovic being the second favourite. Betting odds are in Nadal’s favour to win the tournament.
- Even though Dominic Thiem hasn’t had a great year, he’s likely to reach the semi-final stage at the tournament. He struggled with mental and physical setbacks in the early part of the year. That said, Thiem is twice finalist at Roland Garros. In 2019, he defeated Djokovic in a semi-final match here. He’s not won the tournament yet, but he’s the most consistent clay-court player over the years.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas is another player likely to go deep in the tournament, and the betting odds reflect that. Moreover, Tsitsipas is in great form in this year’s clay season, making it to the quarter-finals of all the events except the Madrid Open.
- Although 20-time grand slam champion, Roger Federer, returned to the ATP tour, he lost to Pablo Andujar. Federer confirmed his participation at the French Open but insisted that Roland Garros isn’t his goal, as he is focusing at grass-court tournaments.
- Daniil Medvedev has never gone beyond the 1st round of the French Open, and we don’t expect him to do that well this time, either. Daniil’s style suits hard courts the most. That’s why he even reached the Australian Open final this year. But, he has to improve a lot on clay.
- Unlike men’s tennis, no one player is emerging as a clear favourite to win this year’s French Open. We think Iga Świątek, Simona Halep, and Ashleigh Barty will emerge as top players in Roland Garros 2021 edition.
- Defending champion, Iga Świątek, won the Italian Open recently. She’s one of the best players on clay courts, and therefore, the odds are high that she will win the French Open 2021 as well. Although she had a tough time earlier by losing in 4th round of the Australian Open, Świątek has regained some form since then. In the Italian Open Final, she defeated Karolina Pliskova by 6-0, 6-0.
- Two-time grand slam champion, Simona Halep, is likely to perform well at the French Open 2021 edition. However, she sustained a calf injury while playing at the Italian Open. Simona is set to play at the Roland Garros, and all bettors are hoping her to fully recover to see a lot of action.
- 2019 French Open winner Ashleigh Barty seemed to be in great touch in this season. However, she lost to Aryna Sabalenka at the Madrid Open in May. Questions are being asked about her physical fitness ever since she retired in the Italian Open’s quarter-final due to an arm injury. That said, we are confident that Barty will perform well at Roland Garros if she’s physically fit.
- In men’s doubles, Juan Sebastián Cabal and Robert Farah are expected to play well. They reached the semi-final at Roland Garros back-to-back in 2018 and 2019. Cabal and Farah have already won two titles this season, which are: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships and Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell.
- German duo Kevin Krawietz and Andreas Mies are also likely to perform well at this year’s French Open. They were the winners at French Open in 2019 and 2020.
- In the women’s doubles category, Tímea Babos and Kristina Mladenovic remain favourites after winning the French Open in 2019 and 2020. Babos and Mladenovic are one of the most consistent doubles players of recent times. Tennis odds are in their favour to win the cup in Paris this year.
Betting tips for punters to excel at the French Open 2021 tennis tournament
Our tipster at FUN88 tells us who is in form ahead of the 2021 French Open at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France as Rafael Nadal bids in the men’s singles and 4.5 for Iga Swiatek in the women’s singles.
- In statistics, they say that we should give more weightage to recent occurrences. As a bettor, you should focus on a player’s past performance but give more emphasis to his/her recent performances. For example, if Nadal had lost to Djokovic at Rome, all the experts would be backing Djokovic to win at the French Open.
- While analyzing a player’s performance, pay a lot of attention to the surface. It’s a well-known fact that tennis legend, Pete Sampras, never won the French Open. He wasn’t a very good player on slower surfaces. On the other hand, Rafa is the king of clay, and Djokovic has excelled like anything at hard courts.
- A bettor should keep an eye on the physical and mental fitness of players he’d like to bet on. Tennis is a very physical sport, which also requires players to be mentally fit. While betting on tennis, always consider both these aspects.
- Pay a lot of attention to head-to-head records. There’s always a player who loses easily to average players but performs well against top-rankers. Stan Wawrinka is an excellent example of this. When betting on tennis matches, always pay attention to the head-to-head record of players to see how they fare against each other.
Watch out for this space because we, at FUN88, will continue to provide you tips, analysis, best betting odds for French Open 2021.