Fun88 India signs Darren Sammy as its brand ambassador_ A winning combination!
Two-time T20 World Cup-winning captain, Daren Sammy is a Saint Lucian cricketer who played international cricket for the West Indies. No wonder Fun88 is immensely proud to have him on board as its brand ambassador.
Sammy bags the credit of being the first person from the island of St Lucia to play international cricket, when he made his One-Day International (ODI) debut against Bangladesh in 2004. Over the years, he has added several feathers to his cap, which has earned him huge popularity not only in India but the entire sub-continent. On July 8 this year, Fun88 announced the signing of Daren Sammy as its brand ambassador. Now, this is going to be a fantastic combination, as one of India’s most prominent sports content platforms joins hands with a former West Indian captain! As the first move of this partnership, Sammy will be involved in a series of brand films with the target audience being the sports fanatics in India. These films will be a part of Fun88’s upcoming integrated branding and marketing campaign #LagiShart.
Daren Sammy’s Take on the Partnership
There’s a special connection behind this partnership, which not many are aware of. Sammy, while signing up as Fun88.net’s brand ambassador, stated to the media that he had shared a very close relationship with the number 88, which was his jersey number for over two decades. He added that he has been following Fun88 since 2009, and has witnessed the tremendous growth of this platform over the years. He also expressed his excitement about being associated with the Fun88 team as a brand endorser and his gratitude at getting the opportunity to be the face that represents this renowned brand in the global & Indian sports domain.
“My relationship with the number 88, which has been my jersey number too, spans over two decades and with FUN88 I see a synergy to make it the go-to destination for sports enthusiasts in India. Having followed FUN88 for a while, I have seen how the platform has evolved over the years. It has celebrated sports and cricket and has brought fans together since inception. I am excited about this association with the team at FUN88 and deeply thankful for being given the opportunity to be its ambassador and face,” added Daren Sammy on signing up as Fun88’s brand ambassador.
The Fun88 Team Can’t Control Its Excitement!
We at Fun88 are extremely thrilled with this association, to say the least! A leader and a role model in the sports field, Sammy has made exemplary contributions to Caribbean cricket. It goes without saying that he also has a huge fan following in India, which will surely work wonders for Fun88 as a brand. Our partnership with the new brand ambassador is perfectly in sync with our vision, that of catapulting Fun88 to be the go-to destination for sports content in India. We are looking forward to leveraging Daren’s popularity to take Fun88 to scale greater heights.
Key Milestones of Daren Sammy’s Career
Let’s look at some of the interesting highlights of Daren Sammy’s cricket career that make him stand apart:
- After his ODI debut in 2004, he made his Test debut against England in 2007, taking 7/66. This was the best bowling figure for a West Indian in his first Test!
- He is the only captain to have won the T20 World Cup twice. In the 2012 ICC World Twenty20, he was the captain of the West Indies cricket team. The team emerged victorious against Sri Lanka, and this was West Indies’ first major trophy for 8 years.
- When the West Indies team won against England in the 2016 ICC World Twenty20, Sammy was the captain.
- He captained Peshawar Zalmi in the Pakistan Super League from 2017 to 2020.
- When he had to step down from the above post due to fitness issues, he entered into a two-year head coaching contract for Peshawar Zalmi, which he still holds.
- His contribution in bringing back intentional cricket to Pakistan won him the highest civilian medal of Pakistan, Nishan-e-Pakistan, on 23 March 2020. The President of Pakistan Arif Alvi also awarded him honorary Pakistani citizenship.
- In June 2021, Sammy was appointed as a member of the Cricket West Indies (CWI) Board of Directors.
One of the leading brands in online sports, Fun88 offers one of the broadest portfolios of markets and odds across various sports and leagues. Fun88 always prioritises customer satisfaction and entertainment, and leaves no stones unturned to innovate a holistic experience by using the latest technology and games alongside impeccable and personalized customer service. Besides, Fun88 has been very active in sports marketing globally over the past decade. With Daren Sammy as its brand ambassador, Fun88 now aspires to achieve many milestones! This is undoubtedly an unmatched combination that will take the sports industry by storm!