ICC T20 World Cup: Five Batsmen you should be betting on during the tournament
Although there are many talented batsmen in the ongoing ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021, only a few have that X-factor that can help elevate their team’s performance to a level that is beyond the opposition.
In this blog, Fun88 has compiled a list of the top five batsmen who you should be looking out for if you want to bet on the tournament’s leading scorers. As a batsman, these guys are the world’s best in the T20 format. They also rank very high in the ICC T20 batsmen rankings and are immensely talented.
These are the guys who can win a match for their team no matter what the situation is.
Top 5 batsmen to bet on for the T20 World Cup:
- Aaron Finch (Australia) – Finch, the captain of Australia in limited-overs cricket, is also one of the most formidable batsmen in the world. Finch scored two of the three individual highest scores in T20 cricket, including 172 runs against Zimbabwe in 2018 and 156 runs against England in 2013. When Finch gets going, there’s no stopping Australia, and therefore, he’ll be that one batsman to watch out for in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021. At the same time, he’ll be that one player who the opposition will have to outperform if they want to win. Finch has a strike rate of 150.2 in T20 cricket and a batting average of 37.5. This Australian star batsman is certainly among the best in the T20 World Cup.
- Babar Azam (Pakistan) – Talking of another super-talented batsman who’s also the captain of his side, Babar Azam comes to mind. Anyone who’s seen Azam play, can tell you that he’s an exceptional batter, so much so that Azam’s performance determines Pakistan’s win or loss to a large extent. But, he’s not the one who gets bogged down by expectations easily. Azam has a calm head on his shoulders, which has helped him score tons of runs in limited-overs cricket. He has a terrific average of 46.9 in T20I cricket. That’s quite a mind-boggling number, given that there are only 20 overs to bat in this format. On top of it, he scores his runs rapidly, which is evident from the fact that Azam was the second-fastest batsman in the world to score 1,000 T20I runs. Besides, he has tons of experience of playing in the UAE, which is hosting the ICC T20 World Cup, along with Oman. Being the captain of his side and their top batsman, Azam has repeatedly said that he’s confident of his team performing well. For his team to do well, he’ll have to lead them from the front. He is likely to be one of the top scorers of the T20 World Cup this year, so watch out for him.
- L. Rahul (India) – When K.L. Rahul made his debut for team India, everyone noticed how graceful and technically sound he was in white-ball cricket. Over the years, his stature has grown significantly, elevating Rahul to be a vital part of India’s batting order in ODIs and T20Is. Be it IPL or international T20 matches, Rahul can always be counted on to score big and briskly, consequently putting India in a commanding position. In the IPL, few batters have been as prolific as him in recent years. In the four editions of IPL, between 2018 and 2021, Rahul has scored at an astonishing average of 637 runs per season. That’s unbelievable, but not for a batsman with Rahul’s potential. Moreover, he’s gaining confidence, and he has started playing well even in the test matches. Over the years, he has matured and earned the confidence of his teammates. Before the T20 World Cup started, there were some rumours that Rahul may bat down the order. However, Virat Kohli has confirmed that Rahul will be opening for India along with Rohit Sharma. With his red-hot form, Rahul is expected to score tons of runs in the world cup.
- Devon Conway (New Zealand) – Currently ranked Number 5 batsman in the T20 format by the ICC, Conway is an immensely talented player for New Zealand. We spoke about how Babar Azam’s batting average of 46.9 is tough to believe, but Conway’s average is even better. Conway has scored 473 runs in 14 T20I matches at a breath-taking average of 59.1. The cricketing world noticed him when he scored a blistering knock of 99 runs off just 59 deliveries against Australia. Before that, he has had an interesting journey. Conway was born in South Africa and played much of his cricket there, but moved to New Zealand in 2017 in search of a better cricketing career. In 2019-20, he was the highest run-scorer for New Zealand in their domestic season. All these facts point in one direction. Here’s a batsman who’s desperate to show the world what he’s capable of. Conway is likely to be among runs during the ICC T20 World Cup 2021. It wouldn’t be prudent to ignore him if you want to bet on the tournament’s leading scorer.
- Hazratullah Zazai (Afghanistan) – In his short career, Zazai has done so many incredible things that it makes one wonder where he gets so much talent from. He has hit six sixes in an over in an Afghanistan Premier League match. Then, he scored an outstanding innings of 162 runs off just 62 deliveries against Ireland in a T20I match. As an imposing left-handed batsman, Zazai reminds people of the great Mathew Hayden. In the 15 T20I games he has played so far, Zazai has scored 570 runs at an average of 40.7 and a strike rate of 155.3. While a strike rate of 155.3 shows that he scores briskly, an average of 40.7 indicates that he’s not a reckless batsman. In Zazai, Afghanistan has found a great talent. Given his prodigious talent, punters should ensure that they keep an eye on him whenever Afghanistan plays.
Bet on Fun88 to win big bucks, lucky draws, and amazing prizes
Fun88 is the go-to destination for bettors as we offer the most competitive cricket betting odds that help them win big. Apart from that, we also provide tons of insights and tips, which help you place bets.
On Fun88’s website, you’ll find amazing lucky draws, cash prizes, and bonuses, which will make your betting experience extremely thrilling. To place your bets, you can either register our website or download our app (available both in Android and iOS versions).