Know All About The Euro Cup 2021 | Teams, Schedules, League Table, And Betting Predictions
The upcoming football tournament, Euro Cup, was actually scheduled to happen in 2020, but due to the COVID-19 induced pandemic in Europe, the organizers had postponed it to June 11 to July 11, 2021. That’s why this soccer bash will happen this year, providing much relief and excitement to sports lovers and punters around the world.
Officially known as The UEFA European Football Championship, the Euro Cup in 2021 is this tournament’s 16th edition to date. UEFA stands for The Union of European Football Associations. As the name suggests, the Euro Cup will witness the best male national teams from Europe competing for the trophy.
Since 1960, the Euro Cup has been held every four years except for 2020, when it was postponed due to the pandemic. The opening game will be played at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on June 12 between Turkey and Italy.
The Wembley Stadium in London will host the semi-finals and the final of the Euro Cup. Overall, 24 men soccer teams from various countries of Europe will be competing in the tournament.
Portugal are the defending champions this time since they had won the cup in 2016 after defeating France by 1-0 in extra time. That was the first time that Portugal won a Euro Cup. This year’s Euro Cup will see 51 matches, which will be played in 11 cities across Europe, including London, Glasgow, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Munich, Seville, Rome, Budapest, Bucharest, St Petersburg, and Baku.
There were no automatic qualifying berths for this edition of the tournament. All the 55 national teams, including those whose countries are hosting matches, had to compete in the qualifiers stage. Post that, 24 national teams were selected to compete in the Euro Cup in 2021.
A few teams like North Macedonia and Finland have managed to qualify for the first time in their history. Obviously, people in those countries are excited for their national team. Apart from that, soccer fans worldwide are eagerly looking forward to watch the upcoming Euro Cup.
We, at Fun88, will bring you a lot of insights and analysis that will make betting on soccer games easy for you.
Complete List Of 24 Football Teams Qualified To Play In The Euro Cup 2021
- The Netherlands
- North Macedonia
- Czech Republic
Group Tables For The Euro Cup 2021:
|Group A||Group B||Group C|
|1. Italy||1. Belgium||1. Austria|
|2. Switzerland||2. Denmark||2. The Netherlands|
|3. Turkey||3. Finland||3. North Macedonia|
|4. Wales||4. Russia||4. Ukraine|
|Group D||Group E||Group F|
|1. Croatia||1. Poland||1. France|
|2. Czech Republic||2. Slovakia||2. Germany|
|3. England||3. Spain||3. Hungary|
|4. Scotland||4. Sweden||4. Portugal|
Schedule Of The Euro Cup 2021 Football Games:
- June 12: Turkey vs Italy (12:30 am), Wales vs Switzerland (6:30pm), Denmark vs Finland (9:30 pm).
- June 13: Belgium vs Russia (12:30 am), England vs Croatia (6:30pm), Austria vs North Macedonia (9:30 pm).
- June 14: The Netherlands vs Ukraine (12:30 am), Scotland vs Czech Republic (6:30pm), Poland vs Slovakia (9:30 pm).
- June 15: Spain vs Sweden (12:30 am), Portugal vs Hungary (9:30pm).
- June 16: France vs Germany (12:30 am), Finland vs Russia (6:30pm), Turkey vs Wales (9:30pm).
- June 17: Italy vs Switzerland (12:30 am), Ukraine vs North Macedonia (6:30pm), Denmark vs Belgium (9:30pm).
- June 18: The Netherlands vs Austria (12:30 am), Sweden vs Slovakia (6:30pm), Croatia vs Czech Republic (9:30pm).
- June 19: England vs Scotland (12:30 am), Hungary vs France (6:30pm), Portugal vs Germany (9:30pm).
- June 20: Spain vs Poland (12:30 am), Italy vs Wales (9:30pm), Switzerland vs Turkey (9:30pm).
- June 21: Ukraine vs Austria (9:30pm), North Macedonia vs The Netherlands (9:30pm).
- June 22: Russia vs Denmark (12:30 am), Finland vs Belgium (12:30 am).
- June 23: Croatia vs Scotland (12:30 am), Czech Republic vs England (12:30 am), Sweden vs Poland (9:30pm), Slovakia vs Spain (9:30pm).
- June 24: Portugal vs France (12:30 am), Germany vs Hungary (12:30 am).
- June 26: Round of 16 Match (9:30pm).
- June 27: Round of 16 Match (12:30 am), Round of 16 Match (9:30pm).
- June 28: Round of 16 Match (12:30 am), Round of 16 Match (9:30pm).
- June 29: Round of 16 Match (12:30 am), Round of 16 Match (9:30pm).
- June 30: Round of 16 Match (12:30 am).
- July 2: Quarter-Final Match (9:30pm).
- July 3: Quarter-Final Match (12:30 am), Quarter-Final Match (9:30pm).
- July 4: Quarter-Final Match (12:30 am).
- July 7: Semi-Final Match (12:30 am).
- July 8: Semi-Final Match (12:30 am).
- July 12: Final Match (12:30 am).
*All timings are shown in Indian Standard Time (IST).
Here Are The Betting Predictions For The Euro Cup 2021:
- All odds indicate that France, Belgium, and England are going to play really well at the tournament. France, the current World Cup holders, have a young team with soccer players like Paul Pogba, Antoine Griezmann, and Raphael Varane are still less than 30 years of age. And, we all know how the young Kylian Mbappe can explode and win a match for his team.
- Belgium reached the semi-finals of the World Cup 2018, wherein they lost to France. This talented team has had a great run, as they won all the 10 matches in the qualifying stage, making a solid impression on everyone. That said, a major trophy still eludes the Red Devils, but odds do indicate that they will go really deep in the tournament.
- There’s no denying that the English soccer team has choked on many occasions in the past. England can also be called the greatest underachievers of modern soccer. However, their team did surprise everyone in the previous world cup by reaching the semi-final. In the upcoming Euro Cup, they have a solid lineup as players like Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Jordan Pickford, and Raheem Sterling are still in their 20s. Odds indicate that England can potentially end up winning the Euro Cup 2021.
- With stars like Cristiano Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, and Diogo Jota, the defending champions, Portugal, have a good team this time around. But, they find themselves in perhaps the toughest group with France, Germany, and Hungary. Still, Portugal is very much capable of surprising everyone, and there’s no doubt that they are a pretty capable team.
- Even though Germany has been a solid team at the Euro Cup championships over the years, they have struggled in recent times. At the World Cup 2018, the German squad shockingly finished at the bottom of their group. But since then, they have shown some improvement. They won seven out of eight matches at Euro Cup qualifiers, giving a ray of hope to their fans.
As the Euro Cup 2021 gets closer, Fun88 will bring you a lot of exciting stuff like betting predictions, team and player analysis, live scores, soccer highlights, tips, and other insights. We want to make soccer betting an insightful and enjoyable experience for you.