T20 World Cup Top Players from Super 12 Teams to Bet on!
The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 has started and now is when the punters want to know which players to bet on. More specifically, which batsman will smash bowlers all over the park, which bowler will prove impossible to face, and which allrounder will shine with both bat and ball.
Therefore, in this blog, Fun88 brings for you top players to bet on from teams that have reached the Super 12 stage of the tournament.
Top players to watch out for in the T20 World Cup
While creating this list of players, we considered factors like their ranking, recent performance, and ability to win matches for their team. Here’s the team-wise list of top players to bet on during the tournament.
- Quinton de Kock (South Africa): Often rated as one of the most destructive batsmen in modern-day cricket, de Kock is full of talent. Unfortunately for him, the current South African team isn’t a patch on what it used to be a decade back. But, as far as Quinton de Kock’s numbers are concerned, he’s among the best in the world. He has a strike rate of 136.4 and an average of 35.2 in T20I cricket. When he’s playing well, he often scores big runs in consecutive matches. Apart from that, he’s also the wicketkeeper for South Africa. As a top batsman in the T20 World Cup, a lot depends upon him if Proteas intend to do well.
- Kieron Pollard (West Indies): Talking of destructive batters and not including Kieron Pollard would be sinful. He has made a career out of playing some of the most unbelievable blistering knocks in the T20 format, so much so that even fans of opposition teams can’t help but enjoy his batting. Whether playing for West Indies or Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League (IPL), Pollard has never let the occasion bog him down and has consistently hammered bowlers all over the park. At 34 years, his reflexes are still very good, which was evident in a recent match against South Africa when he scored 51 runs off just 25 deliveries. He’s definitely a key player for the Windies.
- Rashid Khan (Afghanistan): One of the best spinners in the world, Rashid Khan’s rise in cricket surprised everyone for many reasons. One, he isn’t a huge turner of the ball, as he deceives batsmen primarily by his pace in the air. Two, he’s a consistent wicket-taker and loves to take a challenge head-on. In 51 T20I matches that he’s played so far, he has taken 95 wickets. Besides, he has taken 140 wickets in 74 ODI matches so far. Rashid started playing when he was only 17, and since then, he has gone on to play for not only Afghanistan but also in many T20 leagues, including IPL, Australia’s Big Bash, and Pakistan Super League. Rashid is a top bowler in the T20 World Cup, who can end taking the maximum number of wickets.
- Glenn Phillips (New Zealand): This Kiwi batsman has hit 89 sixes in 2021, which is considerably more than any other batsman. That being the reason, leagues like IPL and Caribbean Premier League are running behind him for his ability to clear the ropes at will. When asked the reason behind his ability to hit sixes, he replied that he’s put on some weight due to his gym sessions, and also, he’s clear about his strengths and weaknesses. Phillips is fast emerging as a T20 specialist. He has played 25 T20I matches and has already hit a century. With his potential, he can hit the most number of sixes even in the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
- Glenn Maxwell (Australia): This swashbuckling Aussie batsman is enjoying red hot form at the moment in the T20 format. Playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in the IPL 2021, Maxwell scored 513 runs in 15 matches at an impressive average of 42.8. When he’s on a song, not only does his aggressive hitting take everyone by surprise but also his unorthodox shots, like reverse sweeps and pulls. Maxwell’s overall record in the T20 format is impressive, with a batting average of 31.8. But of late, he seems to be in midas touch. Every time he’s batting, it seems that he will be hitting bowlers all over the park. He should definitely be in your list if you want to be on the tournament’s leading scorer.
- Jasprit Bumrah (India): There’s no doubt that Jasprit Bumrah is one of the best fast bowlers of his generation. But what sets him apart from other outstanding bowlers is that, while some of them do struggle to adjust to a certain format of cricket, Bumrah is outstanding in all the three formats. Be it test matches, ODIs, or T20s, he’s capable of taking wickets and winning matches for his team. And, he’s been doing it consistently for many years. In 186 T20 league matches, he has taken 230 wickets. He’s taken another 59 wickets in 50 T20 international fixtures. Bumrah is going to be the leader of the Indian bowling attack. Watch out for him if you want to bet on the bowler who’ll take maximum wickets.
- Dawid Malan (England): Currently ranked Number 1 in the world in the T20 format, Dawid Malan is the most impressive batsman in the English lineup. He has enjoyed great form in the last 12 months while batting, and it’s expected that he’ll be in good touch in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 as well. He scored 173 runs in a T20 series against South Africa last year, which helped England win the series by 3-0. Malan is an impact player. When he scores big, the chances are likely that England will win the match. In 30 T20I matches so far, Malan has scored 1,123 runs at an impressive average of 43.2. There are some concerns that his batting style may not suit the slow pitches of the UAE and Oman, but we think he’s an outstanding player who will be able to adjust to different playing conditions. Keep an eye on him if you want to bet on the batsman with most runs in the tournament.
- Babar Azam (Pakistan): No sooner than Babar Azam made his debut, people started saying that he’s among the world’s best batsmen, on the lines of Virat Kohli. If you consider his numbers, he’s certainly in the top league. Babar has a batting average of 46.9 in 61 T20 international matches he’s played so far. Besides, he has scored more than 7,000 runs in 196 T20 league games. He’s certainly a prolific run-scorer and may end up being the leading scorer of the ICC T20 World Cup as well. So, punters, watch out for his performance.
- Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh): Shakib Al Hasan is one of the top all-rounders in the world in all formats of the game. In T20 rankings by the ICC, he’s the Number 2 all-rounder. Shakib can win a match both with the bat and the ball. This was evident in a recent game against Papua New Guinea, wherein Shakib scored 46 runs off 37 deliveries. He then took four wickets, which proved crucial for Bangladesh winning the match and making it to the Super 12 stage of the tournament. More than anything else, Shakib is a big occasion player. When Bangladesh is in distress, he leads them from the front.
- Mark Watt (Scotland): Given that the T20 World Cup is being played on the slow pitches of the UAE and Oman, Mark Watt can be a potential threat. Mark is a left-arm spinner who has shown that he can easily take wickets. He has taken 52 wickets in 42 T20I matches. He frequently bowls tight line and length, which make it difficult for batsmen to face him. He can also be a useful lower-order batsman. He can certainly be a top performer for Scotland in the T20 World Cup.
- Wanindu Hasaranga (Sri Lanka): Wanindu Hasaranga is a super talented player in the Sri Lankan lineup, as he can bat and bowl both. He can be an aggressive leg break bowler and a capable middle-order batsman. He’s likely to utilize the slow surface of the UAE and Oman pitches to rattle batsmen. Recently, in a match against Ireland, he scored 71 runs, which surprised everyone. His batting proved crucial in Sri Lanka reaching Super 12. Hasaranga can be that X-factor, which Sri Lanka needs.
Bet on Fun88, big win bucks and exciting prizes
Fun88 is your go-to platform to bet on the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup 2021. We offer the best cricket betting odds, rewards, prizes, and lots of tips, which help people win big.