The Pakistan Super League 2021 (PSL 2021 or PSL 6) is the sixth season of the popular T-20 cricket tournament in Pakistan. The six contesting teams represent six cities in Pakistan and have interesting names: Lahore Qalandars, Karachi Kings, Islamabad United, Multan Sultans, Peshawar Zalmi, and Quetta Gladiators.
Typically, PSL matches are held in February and March. This year, too, 14 matches were played in February and March. But, as the COVID-19 cases increased and some of the players and support staff also contracted the virus, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) suspended the tournament.
Since then, the PCB has announced its intention to reschedule the rest of the 20 matches in June. On April 11, 2021, the board said that the remaining matches were expected to start from June 01, 2021.
Subsequently, the PCB also talked to the Emirates Cricket Board with the objective of resuming the tournament in the UAE.
Prior to this, the authorities had finalized Karachi as the venue for all the remaining matches of the PSL 2021. But, the experience of COVID-19 in Karachi has convinced the board to move the tournament out of Pakistan.
It wouldn’t be the first time that PSL cricket matches would be held outside of Pakistan. For example, during PSL 2019, most matches were held in Dubai, Sharjah, and Abu Dhabi. In fact, PSL 2020 was the only season when all the matches were held in Pakistan.
It shows that the PCB does have experience in organizing the tournament outside of Pakistan. Some of the reports have also suggested that the board may move the tournament to Sri Lanka if the UAE doesn’t allow it.
As cricket and betting lovers, we hope PSL matches begin in June, but yes, the organizers will have to consider factors like the spread of COVID-19, players’ safety, logistical issues, etc. We, at Fun88, are ready to provide you with amazing offers, bonuses, prizes, and betting tips to make it super exciting for you to wager on PSL matches.
Full Line-ups Of All The PSL 2021 Cricket Teams
- Lahore Qalandars – Sohail Akhtar (c), Shaheen Afridi (vc), Mohammad Hafeez, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Ben Dunk, Zeeshan Ashraf, Agha Salman, Muhammad Faizan, Maaz Khan, Muhammad Zaid, Ahmed Daniyal, Salman Mirza, Sandeep Lamichhane, Shakib Al Hasan, James Faulkner, Joe Burns, Callum Ferguson, and Seekkuge Prasanna.
- Karachi Kings – Imad Wasim (c), Babar Azam (vc), Mohammad Amir, Aamer Yamin, Sharjeel Khan, Waqas Maqsood, Arshad Iqbal, Chadwick Walton, Danish Aziz, Mohammad Ilyas, Zeeshan Malik, Qasim Akram, Noor Ahmad, Abbas Afridi, Martin Guptill, Thisara Perera, Najibullah Zadran, and Liton Das.
- Islamabad United – Shadab Khan (c), Hasan Ali (vc), Faheem Ashraf, Hussain Talat, Asif Ali, Muhammad Musa, Zafar Gohar, Rohail Nazir, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Wasim, Ahmed Safi Abdullah, Fawad Ahmed, Paul Stirling, Ali Khan, Zeeshan Zameer, Usman Khawaja, Colin Munro, and Janneman Malan.
- Multan Sultans – Mohammad Rizwan (c), Shahid Afridi, Rilee Rossouw, Sohail Tanvir, Imran Tahir, Khushdil Shah, Usman Qadir, Sohail Khan, Sohaib Maqsood, Shan Masood, Sohaibullah, Shahnawaz Dhani, Mohammad Umar, Imran Khan, Mahmudullah, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, George Linde, and Obed McCoy.
- Peshawar Zalmi – Wahab Riaz (c), Shoaib Malik (vc), Kamran Akmal, Haider Ali, David Miller, Sherfane Rutherford, Amad Butt, Umaid Asif, Imam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Imran, Mohammad Irfan, Abrar Ahmed, Ravi Bopara, Mohammad Amir Khan, Waqar Salamkheil, Fabian Allen, Rovman Powell, and Fidel Edwards.
- Quetta Gladiators – Sarfaraz Ahmed (c), Mohammad Nawaz (vc), Ben Cutting, Mohammad Hasnain, Azam Khan, Naseem Shah, Zahid Mahmood, Anwar Ali, Chris Gayle, Usman Shinwari, Cameron Delport, Qais Ahmad, Abdul Nasir, Saim Ayub, Arish Ali Khan, Dale Steyn, Usman Khan, Faf du Plessis, Hasan Khan, and Andre Russell.
Schedule Of PSL 2021 League’s Remaining Cricket Matches:
- June 1: Lahore Qalandars v Islamabad United (8:30pm)
- June 2: Multan Sultans v Karachi Kings (8:30pm)
- June 3: Islamabad United v Quetta Gladiators (8:30pm)
- June 4: Peshawar Zalmi v Lahore Qalandars (8:30pm)
- June 5: Islamabad United v Karachi Kings (5:30pm) and Multan Sultans v Quetta Gladiators (10:30pm)
- June 6: Peshawar Zalmi v Karachi Kings (11:30pm)
- June 7: Quetta Gladiators v Lahore Qalandars (8:30pm)
- June 8: Multan Sultans v Peshawar Zalmi (8:30pm)
- June 9: Islamabad United v Lahore Qalandars (8:30pm)
- June 10: Quetta Gladiators v Karachi Kings (8:30pm)
- June 11: Multan Sultans v Islamabad United (8:30pm)
- June 12: Quetta Gladiators v Peshawar Zalmi (5:30pm)
- June 13: Karachi Kings v Lahore Qalandars (1:30am) and Islamabad United v Peshawar Zalmi (8:30pm)
- June 14: Multan Sultans v Lahore Qalandars (8:30pm)
- June 16: Qualifier (1 v 2) (8:30pm)
- June 17: Eliminator 1 (3 v 4) (8:30pm)
- June 18: Eliminator 2 (Loser Qualifier v Winner Eliminator 1) (8:30pm)
- June 20: Final (8:30pm)
*All timings are shown in Indian Standard Time (IST).
Betting Tips To Excel When Placing A Bet On PSL 2021 Matches:
- Focus on key players but know the rest of the lineup as well. Even though cricket is a team sport, often a few key players tilt the entire team’s performance in one direction. Consider the example of Babar Azam, who had a fantastic run in PSL 2020 by scoring 473 runs and eventually helping his team ‘Karachi Kings’ lift the cup for the first time. By focusing on players like Azam, you’d be able to guess the result of a match intelligently. Some of the other key players to watch out for in PSL 2021 are: Sharjeel Khan, Sherfane Rutherford, David Miller, Hasan Ali, and Mohammad Rizwan. Having said that, we’d always advise you to have a thorough knowledge of the entire lineups as well.
- Thoroughly check betting odds across various sites. Without a complete understanding of how odds work and a thorough analysis of odds offered by various websites, you can’t succeed as a bettor. Odds tell you how much you stand to lose or win depending upon the outcome. Odds also tell you how much margin you’ll be paying to the betting site. At Fun88, we offer some of the most competitive and fair odds in the trade. We also offer several payment options, a quick withdrawal process, and 24*7 customer support.
- Consider bonuses, offers, rewards, & cashbacks. Many betting sites offer bonuses, offers, rewards, cashbacks, lucky draws, and other promotional schemes, which can help you make a lot of money. You should never select a cricket betting site without considering such offers because your payoff will depend upon all these things eventually.
- Check past performances of teams. As a bettor, you have to be aware of the past performances of all the teams contesting. For example, Karachi Kings won the PSL in 2020. Will they win PSL 2021 too? Karachi Kings has retained most of its squad, including star players like Babar Azam, so the chances are high that they will do well. Lahore Qalandars, who were runners-up in PSL 2020, have a talented team in PSL 2021 as well, including players like Shaheen Shah Afridi, Ben Dunk, Zeeshan Ashraf, and many others. Peshawar Zalmi has been consistent over the years, having won PSL in 2017 and finished as runners-up in 2018 and 2019.
As we get closer to the resumption of PSL, we, at Fun88, will provide you with exciting tips, offers, rewards, and competitive odds to make betting on PSL a genuinely rewarding experience for you. So, what are you waiting for! Register at Fun88 by clicking here and begin your betting journey.